Open Dialogue International Community Forum

Consequences for therapeutic work: brand-new review finds non-specificity of hearing voices and seeing visions across populations

Extremely important, brand-new review finds non-specificity of hearing voices and seeing visions across populations. Open access.

Waters, F., and Fernyhough, C. (early acees online Nov 2016). Hallucinations: A systematic review of points of similarity and difference across diagnostic classes. Schizophrenia Bulletin. http://m.schizophreniabulletin.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2016/11/21/schbul.sbw132.full

Very important findings that challenge established ‘Models of Madness’. Very important also for any approach - like Open Dialogue and Voice dialogues/ Hearing Voices groups - that are explicit about not being specifically grounded in psychodynamic developmental or neuro-cognitive models.

Life histories IN social context investigations much needed, but not discussed within the scope of this review. Highly recommended reading.

Cheers, Ute

2 Likes

Hi Ute, I’ve just read this great and most recent article on hallucinations which you kindly found and made available to us. Thank you.

I think it’s a brilliant article. I wanted to say so earlier, but thought I’d been writing too much on the forum :smirk:.