Open Dialogue International Community Forum

Path to become fully trained

Dear all,

I am a predoctoral researcher at the Medical Anthropology Research Centre (MARC), Universitat Rovira i Virgili (Tarragona, Spain). I am currently working on a project funded by the Spanish government until 2026 to study the implementation of alternatives to coercion in mental health care. I just finished the open dialogue foundation course, I take part in open dialogue sessions at a public mental health center in Barcelona and collaborate with them and Hopendialogue to analyze the implementation of this approach in the country.

I am also the coordinator of the Mad In America global network, comprising users and survivors of psychiatry, critical practitioners and academics worldwide, and take part on other activities aimed at rethinking the dominant approach to psychological suffering to prevent overmedication, chronification, and abuses of people’s rights.

The present message is to kindly ask what would be the best path for me to become fully trained in open dialogue, with the ultimate goal of becoming a trainer in the future. I am more than willing to relocate to the UK, Finland or elsewhere for the extension of the training, if necessary. I would really appreciate further information on the length of such training, and upcoming international programmes I could attend.

BTW, I noticed that the contact form at open-dialogue.net is not working properly, it throws an error message when trying to submit.

Best regards,

Enric Garcia Torrents
research@enricgarcia.me

1 Like

Hello Enric,

You may wish to directly contact Nick Putnam of Open Dialogue UK if you’re considering the full training on Open Dialogue. He will be able to give you some insight on what you need to do to register with the trainings you will need to achieve your goal. Wish you good luck :crossed_fingers:

Paul Ekwuruke

Thank you so much, Paul!

You are welcome Enric. My pleasure to be of help.