Open Dialogue International Community Forum

Self-organising festival / conference / reunion

I’d like a small group to join me in designing / setting up a self-organising festival/conference/re-union – maybe lasting 4 days or so, low-budget and relaxed. It would be a way of carrying forward the spirit of open dialogue, and our trainings, at seriously low cost.

The design is open to modification and can be tailor-made for the needs of the group concerned. A small team, plus a larger group who are willing to try it out, would be enough to get it off the ground.

Also, anybody who knows of a low-cost and inspiring venue – where people could be housed cheaply, some in bedrooms, some in hammocks or camping-spaces perhaps – this would be a welcome contribution to the project.

I have seen this design tried and adapted in a variety of contexts, for different enterprises / communities, and I am convinced of its resilience and versatility.

It can also be a step towards the democratisation of our talents, knowledge and inspiration.

1 Like

Hi Mike, great idea and well worth doing. I will try out a few friends to see what is possible for venues. As for design I hope that Open Space (OST) would at least be an option as it embodies all that we have learned and tried and is based on dialogue. Open to anything though. R

And so - I’d like this to happen. Would it be a good idea to look for somewhere in a more country environment than we have previously been? A.

I love the prospect of coming together again…more exercises??? :slight_smile:

& I am not sure how to start a new thread~~~~

To start a new topic, you simply go the home page for the forum, and click the ‘New Topic’ button on the top right of the page:

You then have to choose a category for the topic when you compose it - in this instance it would be the ‘Foundation Training 2016’ group:

I have posted your message in a new topic for you Louisa.

Thank you dear Nick for all your labors of love and commitment.