Open Dialogue International Community Forum

So much more can be done...when family and spouses are trained and empowered

I’ve been visiting this website from time to time for a couple of years. I absolutely love the idea of Open Dialogue and wish we had it available where I live here in the States, but I also wish I could get someone from this community to realize there is so much more that could be done when family, spouses and significant others are trained and empowered to do what ONLY we can do. We are the ones there, with our loved ones who are hurting, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, for years and years on end. For me it’s 15 years and counting as I’ve taken my wife thru anything you can imagine caused by her early childhood trauma and extreme dissociation…and as I’ve helped her fundamentally heal from so many things, tearing down the dissociative walls, and reconnecting her shattered personality.

If you had interest in reading the two short booklets I have made available for free download from my blog to see just the tip of the things I’ve been able to accomplish without much help at all…how I wish I had had the help of experts like those of Open Dialogue as I feel I could have done even more. I wish Open Dialogue would consider expanding its vision to include the expertise of us, the family who have been thru hell with our distressed loved ones…and have made it out on the other side.

Thanks,
Sam

Engaging ‘Madness’
Before You Call for Help